Stoplight is looking for a Senior Sales Engineer to join a fast-growing Austin startup in the exciting domain of APIs and API Design Management. The Sales Engineer position is both a technical and sales-related role where you will play a critical role in partnering with your sales account manager(s), working to close opportunities with large enterprise customers.
You will engage with customers throughout the entire sales lifecycle, discovering their needs, giving solution demonstrations, collaborating with professional services, building key customer relationships, and leading proof of concept projects to close the technical part of the sales.
- Lead pre-sales engineering activities including technical discovery, technical value proposition, architectural guidance, sales campaign support, and ongoing client relationships
- Understand and help establish customer requirements and grow trusted client relationships throughout the entire sales lifecycle, from opportunity technical qualification to implementation
- Support customer trials and proofs of concepts throughout the entire evaluation process
- Ensure 100% customer satisfaction by meeting customer needs and coordinating with support, product, and engineering teams
- Establish and maintain a deep understanding of the Stoplight API Design Management solution the competitive landscape, and related technology domains
The Ideal Candidate Brings:
- Technical Pre-Sales / Sales Engineering experience or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to present to and engage our rapidly growing customer base (face-to-face, by telephone, virtual meetings, VOIP or otherwise) and the ability to work and interact in a group or team
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated with a strong learning-orientation
- Solid understanding of cloud computing trends and open source business models
- Familiarity with and excitement about emerging enterprise technology such as microservices architecture, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Empathy with our customers and the challenges they face in their role in the API Design Management and related domains
Bonus Points For:
- B.S. degree in an engineering or similar program from an accredited college/university or equivalent work experience
- Proficiency and/or knowledge of OpenAPI spec/Swagger, CI/CD, cloud technologies, applications development
- Experience working with internal Sales/Marketing, Software Engineering, and/or Customer Success teams.
- Professional services experience in an open-source or enterprise software company
At Stoplight we are passionate about:
- Sharing our values, and work in accordance with those values
- Ability to thrive in a fully remote organization
Why Work for Us?:
- Rich Benefits, including Full Medical, Dental, & Vision. 401k with Company Matching
- Competitive Salary
- Stock Options
- Monthly (Virtual) Happy Hours
View our website at https://stoplight.io or find us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Product Hunt