Stoplight is looking for an Associate Technical Support Specialist to add to the success of our rapidly growing customer base by providing excellent support and satisfaction. This customer-facing role's primary focus will be to help our users achieve success with their use of the Stoplight product.
You will work directly with our end users to help answer questions, solve problems, and ultimately help represent the voice of the customer within Stoplight. As a remote-first company, we are open to applicants from anywhere in the US.
● Provide technical support for Stoplight customers across a wide array of topics
● Communicate with customers primarily through email with occasional web conferencing
● Manage support tickets through our customer support software, ZenDesk
● Engage with users and fellow Stoplight employees to solve critical, complex issues related to Stoplight products in a timely manner
● Deliver a great customer service experience with each customer interaction
● Assist in writing, reviewing, and maintaining Stoplight customer knowledge base articles
● Serve as the voice of the customer within Stoplight, helping to prioritize issues based on all of our customers' needs
The Ideal Candidate Brings:
● At least 1 year experience working directly with customers
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate them when appropriate
● Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
● Proven problem-solving skills, with the ability to independently troubleshoot problems and identify workarounds
● Self-motivated with a strong learning-orientation
● Basic understanding of the modern web application stack; you are familiar with some of the following technologies: API, REST, PostgreSQL, OpenAPI and JSON Schema
Why Work at Stoplight:
Stoplight is passionate about APIs and our employees. We want work to be rewarding, both in professional development and in living a healthy and balanced life. Here are some of the benefits of working at Stoplight:
Stoplight's design-first platform drives a collaborative API development experience. The fabric of the internet is changing with APIs. As companies increasingly rely on microservice application development, good design-first practices enabled through the Stoplight platform will minimize future costs, speed up time to market, and lead to more consistent and higher quality services. Stoplight also offers two open source tools and a visual editor. Prism is an open-source HTTP mock server for mimicking your API's behavior as if you have already built it. Spectral is an open source JSON/YAML linter for improving the quality in API descriptions, Kubernetes config, GitHub actions, or any other JSON/YAML data. Stoplight Studio is a powerful OpenAPI and JSON Visual Editor for designing and collaborating on APIs.
Stoplight was founded by Marc MacLeod in 2015 and headquartered in Austin, TX, with employees located across the globe. We live through the fullest potential of our three core values — be an owner, build together, and practice mindfulness. Stoplight is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Our company mantra is simple. Design first. Develop better.
Your application was submitted successfully.