Stoplight is looking for a Marketing Analytics Specialist to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for tracking, analyzing, and reporting on marketing campaigns to evaluate success, measure ROI, and enforce best practices. You will work closely with the entire sales and marketing team, particularly leadership, to ensure the best use of budget and identify how to best target user groups. Ideally, you are a data junkie who geeks out on numbers. You seek to understand others by listening, inquiring, and responding - and then use numbers to tell a deeper story. The impact of this role in establishing and tracking Stoplight’s marketing efficacy will not only drive business results but also help define new models and benchmarks for emerging product-led growth and SaaS organizations.
- Works closely with other sales and marketing teams, including digital engagement, product marketing, communications, web, and events to understand the systems and data points applicable to each group, and to advise on areas for opportunity and collaboration in ingesting and tracking data.
- Understands how customer data is structured in the systems, and segments the database based on criteria (region, lifecycle stage, persona) to best target a specific market or user type.
- Has a solid understanding of digital marketing and can manage and report on marketing campaign tracking, including sources across multiple channels like web, social, email, live events, webinars, and online communities.
- Promotes data integrity best practices for maintaining a healthy contact database, and socializes these across the team.
- Collaborates with cross-company departments like Product and Sales Operations to maintain organization-wide data standards. Maintains integrations between multiple systems.
- Experience in marketing analytics, marketing operations, or digital marketing, preferably in a related industry
- Ability to track, measure, and report on results of various marketing functions to determine ROI
- Command of Google Marketing Platform, especially Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and Google Data Studio
- Experience using data visualization tools to illuminate the stories & trends hidden in the data
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to provide actionable insights from data
- Advanced in Google Sheets
- Skilled in problem-solving and project management
- Embodies the Stoplight value “Practice Mindfulness”. When you interact with your coworkers, customers, and communities, you begin where they are. Invoke optimism and seek to understand others by listening, inquiring, and responding.
- Embodies the Stoplight value “Be an Owner”. To be an owner is to be curious, stay engaged with your initiatives, and be accountable to desired outcomes. When you see an opportunity to make an impact, you seize it.
- Harness a “Build Together” attitude in all that you do, understanding that when we work as a team, we all win.
The Ideal Candidate Brings
- Excellent communication skills (and a healthy dose of humor)
- A high level of emotional intelligence
- An equal balance of both confidence and humility
- Experience with Amplitude and Metabase is a huge plus
- Knowledge of or experience with API technology
- Solid understanding of the B2B sales lifecycle
- Experience with data segmentation and reporting within a CRM and Marketing Automation system (HubSpot and Salesforce)
- Bonus: Bachelor’s or Master’s in marketing or related discipline
Even if you don't think you have all the qualities from the list above, we’d love to hear from you!
Why Work at Stoplight
Stoplight values every employee, every idea, and the team we create together. We also believe that a balanced approach to work and life in a remote world is more important than ever.
Other benefits include:
- Remote-first culture with a work-from-home stipend
- Flexible vacation policy for paid time off with unlimited sick time and 10 company holidays
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance plans (including an HSA with a company contribution for employees and their families) for US-based employees
- Company-paid life insurance, short & long term disability
- 401k plan for US-based employees that includes 4% matching from the company
- Parental leave of 12 weeks off for primary caregivers and 6 weeks for non-primary caregivers, including adoptive and foster parents (with 100% pay)
- Wellness programs for health plan participants include access to services such as Ginger emotional support, Maven maternity care, Calm mental wellness, PlushCare virtual doctor visits, Vida virtual health coaching, and monthly ClassPass fitness credits
- Automatic enrollment in a climate-positive program run by Ecologi with 100% of monthly contributions provided by the company
- Team building activities such as cocktail-making class, team trivia competition, and more
- Employee-hosted lunch and learn sessions
- Room to grow your career
- Strong engagement in the open-source community with our offerings: Spectral, Prism, and Elements.
Our company mantra is simple. Design first. Develop better.
Stoplight is a collaborative API design platform that integrates seamlessly into existing workflows to enable all stakeholders working with APIs to be more productive.
Stoplight's design-first platform drives a collaborative API development experience. The fabric of the internet is changing with APIs. As companies increasingly rely on microservice application development, good design-first practices enabled through the Stoplight platform will minimize future costs, speed up time to market, and lead to more consistent and higher quality services. Stoplight also offers three open-source tools and a visual editor: Prism is an open-source mock server, Spectral is an open-source JSON/YAML linter, and Elements is an open-source, interactive documentation tool. Stoplight Studio is a powerful OpenAPI and JSON Visual Editor for designing and collaborating on APIs. Together, along with collaboration and API management features, these open-source tools contribute to a robust design, governance, and documentation experience in Stoplight platform.
Stoplight was founded in 2015 in Austin, TX, with employees located across the globe. We live through the fullest potential of our three core values — be an owner, build together, and practice mindfulness. Stoplight is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.